We’re out on the Streets!
Staff from Berkshire Environmental Action Team’s No Fracked Gas in Mass program are visiting homes in Pittsfield’s Morningside and West Side neighborhoods to talk with residents about Mass Save’s Home Energy Audits and the Solar Access program.
When you see us, please take a moment to talk with us and learn how you can save money AND shrink your carbon footprint.
• WHY DOES ENERGY EFFICIENCY MATTER?
Energy efficiency upgrades can make your home more comfortable, livable and healthier.
Save money by saving energy!
By cutting your energy use, you’re helping cut greenhouse gas emissions and reducing demand for new fossil fuel infrastructure. If you’ve been wondering how you can help fight climate change, energy efficiency (and possibly switching to clean, renewable energy for your home), is one of the most impactful and long lasting ways you can do your part. Everyone can breathe a little easier every time someone gets efficient.
• WHO QUALIFIES?
— Landlords with properties of 1-4 units
— Renters in 1-4 unit buildings who have permission from their landlord
* If your home needs repairs for conditions that prevent energy efficiency upgrades, there is help! » Look here for more info
YOU DON’T NEED TO BE FROM WEST SIDE OR MORNINGSIDE TO SIGN UP!
• WHAT CAN YOU GET?
A FREE MassSave Energy Assessment can qualify you for:
– LED light bulbs
– An energy efficient power strip
– A programmable thermostat
– A low flow shower head
– FREE air sealing around windows and doors in drafty areas of your home
– A full walk-through and study of your home’s efficiency
– 75% or sometimes more of the cost of putting in more insulation
– Rebates/discounts on efficient heating, cooling, and water heating units
– Opportunity to apply for 0 percent HEAT Loan financing for eligible upgrades
PLUS — You can find out of you qualify for Solar Access, a new pilot program from Mass Clean Energy Center that helps homeowners get high efficiency heat pumps and the solar panels to run them, all for a loan payment that’s the same as or lower than your current utility bill.
(Short link for this page: http://tinyurl.com/EEPinfo)